Wednesday, November 19, 2008

political platform

If I could create my own political platform it would be very similar to the democratic platform. I believe that people should have a lot of personal freedoms. I believe that women should be allowed to have abortions, gay people should be allowed to marry, etc. These are the same views as Democrats. But I go a bit farther, leaning more to libertarians, I believe that people should have more freedoms than they do today. I think that people should be allowed to do drugs, it should be a personal choice, not something decided by the government. I do believe in a drinking age, but I would like it to be lowered. I would like our country to focus more on our own affairs rather than other countries. I would like to have a strong military prepared for a strong defense. But I think that the military we have today is unnecessary. These are my basic ideals behind my own platform.

No comments: